On the Feast of All Saints in 2016, Pope Francis created six new beatitudes of his own. We decided to develop our 2017 Tuesday Night programs around these Beatitudes and integrate them with the Benedictine Hallmarks (Values).
- Beneditine Value: “Stability” April 4
Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others, and forgive them from their heart. Presenter: Dr. Christine Fletcher
- Beneditine Value: “Hospitality” May 9
Blessed are those who look into the eyes of the abandoned and marginalized, and show them their closeness. Presenter: Carrie Roberts (the Catholic Worker)
- Beneditine Value: “Love of Christ and Neighbor” June 13
Blessed are those who see God in every person, and strive to make others also discover Him. Presenter: Sister Mary Bratrsovsky, OSB.
- Beneditine Value: “Stewardship” August 8
Blessed are those who protect and care for our common home. Presenter: Jean-Marie Kauth
- Beneditine Value: “Conversatio/Discipline” Septermber 12
Blessed are those who renounce their own comfort in order to help others. Presenters: Beth Hemzacek and Jane Doyle
- Beneditine Value: “Community/Prayers” October 17
Blessed are those who pray and work for full communion between Christians. Presenters: Sisters Christine Kouba, OSB and Sharon Marie Stola, OSB
- Beneditine Value: “Humility/Obedience” November 14
Conclusion. Presenter: Cathy Lentz