- On Sunday, April 30, 2017, Sacred Heart Monastery will collaborate with St. Procopius Abbey to host its seventh wine tasting dinner.
Benefit tickets are $250 per person. The proceeds will go to the St. Scholastica Scholarship Fund of the Saint Benedict Education Foundation to help provide scholarships to educate Benedictine Sisters from developing countries at Sant’Anselmo, the Benedictine University in Rome.
Each year the specialty foods of a different region of the world are served. This year the menu choices will be Greek. The Villa St. Benedict Culinary Staff prepares and serves the meal. A local sommelier details the age and types of wine paired with each course. Honorees this year will be the new Abbot Primate Gregory Polan and Sister Judith Ann Heble, CIB Moderator. Please RSVP by April 10.
On the Feast of All Saints in 2016, Pope Francis created six new beatitudes of his own. We decided to develop our 2017 Tuesday Night programs around these Beatitudes and integrate them with the Benedictine Hallmarks (Values).
- Beneditine Value: “Stability” April 4
Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others, and forgive them from their heart. Presenter: Dr. Christine Fletcher
- Beneditine Value: “Hospitality” May 9
Blessed are those who look into the eyes of the abandoned and marginalized, and show them their closeness. Presenter: Carrie Roberts (the Catholic Worker)
- Beneditine Value: “Love of Christ and Neighbor” June 13
Blessed are those who see God in every person, and strive to make others also discover Him. Presenter: Sister Mary Bratrsovsky, OSB.
- Beneditine Value: “Stewardship” August 8
Blessed are those who protect and care for our common home. Presenter: Jean-Marie Kauth
- Beneditine Value: “Conversatio/Discipline” Septermber 12
Blessed are those who renounce their own comfort in order to help others. Presenters: Beth Hemzacek and Jane Doyle
- Beneditine Value: “Community/Prayers” October 17
Blessed are those who pray and work for full communion between Christians. Presenters: Sisters Christine Kouba, OSB and Sharon Marie Stola, OSB
- Beneditine Value: “Humility/Obedience” November 14
Conclusion. Presenter: Cathy Lentz